Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Double Chocolate Oreo Cookies

Holy delicious cookie…

Very easy to make and even easier to make disappear.  If I wouldn’t have felt so shameful afterwards, I would have eaten ALL of them myself.  Thank goodness I have a very gracious office to unload these things on.

Most people would say this is overkill but I say its perfection…















Ok lets get down to brass tax (what the hell does that even mean and where did it come from??).  Chop up a bunch of Oreo’s…not too small…















Mix your batter and add the aforementioned Oreo’s and throw in some chocolate chips for good measure. 
















Fold all of that goodness together and put the dough in the fridge to chill.



After about an hour or two of chilling (I spent the hour and a half at the gym just so I could eat LOTS of these…not kidding) roll the dough into balls and bake!




Let them cool (or burn your lip with molten chocolate like me) and eat the crap out of them.  My god these are GOOD.






















































































1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup crushed Oreo cookies

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
Fold in chocolate chips and crushed oreos. Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours (or more). When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350, roll into balls or scoop with an ice cream scooper and set on baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment