Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brownie Truffles

Brownie Truffles

Ok so the vote this week turned out to be a tie so I decided to make something that was not on the list PLUS I had a request for "something chocolate" so here's SOMETHING CHOCOLATE!  While I cant take credit for the method of making these I think they are pretty special and well worth sharing!
These are actually pretty easy to make they are just a little time comsuming.  The first step is to start off with a great brownie recipe, I use the king arthur flour recipe (which can be found on their website).  After you bake and cool the brownies, cut the edges off.  I know, I know thats the best part BUT not for this recipe (plus it gives you something to munch on while your working).  Cut the brownies into small chunks (about 1 1/2 inches). 
 Roll each of the chunks into balls.

Once you have all of your brownie balls prepared, get your toppings ready.  After you get yourself all set up with balls and toppings melt your chocolate.  I used the chocolate melting wafers you get at the craft store. While its not the best chocolate for eating, its easy to work with and it's just fine for these purposes.  Drop one ball at a time into the chocolate and use a spoon to cover the brownie with chocolate.  Once you get the ball campletely covered use a fork to lift the ball out of the chocolate.  Tap the fork lightly against the bowl to help the excess chocolate drip off the ball.  Carefully place the chocolate covered brownie of wax paper.
Once you get the covered balls onto wax paper sprinkle with toppings of your choice WHILE THE CHOCOLATE IS STILL WET.  I used sprinkles, white chocolate, heath bar crumbs and walnuts as my topping but you can pretty much use anything you can think of.
These are really DELICIOUS!  They are super chocolatey and just adorable!  I think I will make these again for valentines day, shaped like chocolates and placed in a heart shaped box!!  Now I just need to find a man to feed them to!

No comments:

Post a Comment